Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fichu patterns for you


This post was moved from Lady Janes Wardrobe

On the Australian Costumers' Guild forum there was a question about these so I thought I'd share the patterns I made and have used successfully several times. Mine were made in 100% cotton muslin but I'm sure they could be made in silk chiffon or something equally sumptuous for upper class ladies. Just be sure the fabric has a nice drapeable quality and your fichu should look great.
Edited to add: The measurements down the side of the larger fichu read 13cm and 64cm, and total of 77cm, sorry for the poor quality scan, and the 122cm is measured at right angles across at the 13cm mark. Please send questions if any thing else is not clear.

ETA: The large pattern was used for the fichu seen on the mannequin Emmeline at Hambledon Cottage, see post below

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments and promise to answer your questions in a timely fashion.